Supporting Conservation and Community
At Reef2peak, we believe travel can be an extraordinary force for good in the world. We are committed to the highest standards of sustainable travel, in every one of our destinations. We ensure that your travel dollars go deep into the local economy and make a real difference. We also support a number of cultural and conservation groups.
We encourage you to learn more about these great organizations:
We have volunteered our time and effort by participating in many conservation and community events and look forward to more!
To name a few :
- Hosted bi weekly practices for months leading up to the 2019 paddle the park race
- Hosted three turtle seminars to raise funds and awareness for the friends of the park
- Annually Donate the safety kayaks and SUP’s for the Beach to Beach Power Swim and practices.
- Annually Provide a kayak trip for the Summer Trail Volunteers
- Annually Volunteer at the fundraising gala for the Friends of VINP
Reef2Peak collaborated with the Virgin Islands National Park to educate all local 4th graders in the Coral Reef National Monument. We kayaked and learned about the unique coastal ecology and aquatic life, instilling the value of preservation in the next generation. This project was part of President Obama’s Centennial Goals to get every fourth grader into a National Park. The project was funded by the National Park’s foundation and the Friends of the Virgin Islands National Park.
- In an effort to create more stewards of America’s National Parks, we provided 2 kayak tours for youth who are attending science camp at VIERS (Virgin Islands Environmental Research Station.)
- Worked with Hollins University in conducting research on coral and fish in the Coral Reef National Monument for three years.
- Donated a kayak trip for 10 to the Friends of VINP On-Line Auction
- Raced in the Paddle the Park Race for the Friends of VINP
- Hosted Annual Full Moon Hiking Seminars
- Hosted several guided Kayak Seminars
- Hosted several guided Paddleboard Seminars
- Organized 2 beach clean ups with the Ocean Conservancy; Haulover Bay and Dreeket’s Bay.
- Participated in the Drunk Bay clean-up